[ITSA] Fwd: [gls] Fwd: [dmlhub-l] DML2014 Conference Call For Proposals is now open!

Seann Dikkers sdikkers at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 16:28:18 EDT 2013

DML 2014 Call for Proposals is now open!

Looking for a great conference to submit a paper/panel/workshop to, this is
one is great.  Represent!

SMD

Visit http://bit.ly/dml2014cfp for full details about the CFP. Check
out http://bit.ly/dml2014 for more information about the DML2014
Conference, titled "Connecting Practices".

Today’s networked and digital media demand that we reimagine the
where, when and how of educational practice. Educators and learning
institutions are facing a new landscape of challenges and
opportunities. Researchers are struggling to define new objects of
study and connect to an evolving set of practices and design
challenges.

It is more important than ever that the DML community finds shared
educational and societal values to rally around. How do we build new
alliances and coalitions that will break down the walls between formal
and informal learning, between diverse communities, and between
research and practice? The DML2014 conference calls on all of us to
build shared agendas and goals to reach across the boundaries that
separate our disciplines, fields, institutions, and sectors.

We welcome panels, workshops and short talks along 5 themes listed below:
1. Connecting Learning Institutions: Building Learning Ecologies and
Pathways
2. Beyond Youth Voice: Transforming Adults, Youth, and Systems for
Inclusive Social Change
3. Playing for Keeps: Gameful Design for Real-World Action and Social Change
4. Learning Identities and Pathways for All: Serving Non-Dominant Youth
5. Open Technologies for Learning: Putting the Learners in Charge

(Proposals for Ignite sessions will be announced in January 2014)

To enter a submission, participants will be required to register with
Fastapps at http://fastapps.dmlhub.net, the submission system at the
Digital Media and Learning Research Hub. Participants will be able to
edit their proposals up until the submission deadline of November 4,
2013.

Crystle Martin
Postdoctoral Researcher
Connected Learning Research Network
Digital Media and Learning Hub
University of California, Irvine
www.crystlemartin.com

--

Seann M. Dikkers, PhD

Assistant Professor, Educational Studies

388 McCracken Hall
Dept. Educational Studies
Athens, OH 45701

Gaming Matter @ http://www.gamingmatter.com