[Its-insec] Idea for the Analysis Branch

Maloni, Dylan dm965111 at ohio.edu
Wed Oct 21 14:56:59 EDT 2015

Hello,

I think I've found something that may be what Dr. Kruse is looking for in terms of what the analysis branch does.  There is a bill in Congress right now called CISA - Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act of 2015 that has a lot of people up in the air.  US Telecom has a few articles talking about how it is only about threats, however there are plenty on the Internet thinking it is going to promote mass surveillance.  I've yet to look into the details, but it looks interesting.

Here's some links:

http://www.ustelecom.org/blog/cisa-aimed-external-cyberthreats-not-spying

http://www.ustelecom.org/blog/why-won't-american-library-association-read-cisa-bill

Why Won't the American Library Association Read the CISA Bill? | USTelecom
Remember that great stage and screen production The Music Man? The Tony- and Grammy-winning hit tells the story of a fast-talking con artist who tries to fool an entire town into believing that if they'll just buy his uniforms and instruments, he'll teach the townspeople to read music and turn them into a great marching band. 76 Trombones and all that. Of course, the guy doesn't know anything about music; all he wants to do is divert folks' attention while he makes off with their money. Marian the Librarian is onto him at first.
Read more...<http://www.ustelecom.org/blog/why-won%E2%80%99t-american-library-association-read-cisa-bill>

[http://www.ustelecom.org/sites/all/themes/ustelecom/images/ustelecom-logo.png]<http://www.ustelecom.org/blog/cisa-aimed-external-cyberthreats-not-spying>

CISA Aimed at External Cyberthreats, Not Spying | USTelecom
In last week's blog, we explained how S. 754, the Cybersecurity Information Sharing Act of 2015 (CISA), would help protect American consumers, companies and the ...
Read more...<http://www.ustelecom.org/blog/cisa-aimed-external-cyberthreats-not-spying>

Dylan R. Maloni
B.S. Information & Telecommunication Systems
Ohio University | 2016

412.519.6079 | dm965111 at ohio.edu
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dylanmaloni