[Its-insec] Thoughts

Maloni, Dylan dm965111 at ohio.edu
Tue Oct 6 19:20:25 EDT 2015

Hello All,

First, I agree with Tucker and talked with Matt about even though we are doing analysis, we are still interested in learning about the security technologies.  Second, I have two articles I found interesting, just talking about the rise in security breaches in general.  I think this is a great time for us to be starting a group like this.

http://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/ddos-attacks-jump-by-a-third-in-q2/

Due to the cheaper cost of hardware, DDoS attacks are becoming easier; Data from Corero's DDos report has an average of 4.5 DDos attacks a day per customer.

[https://assets.infosecurity-magazine.com/webpage/og/3dcbaa45-a75b-4fab-a663-9161951b988f.jpg]<http://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/ddos-attacks-jump-by-a-third-in-q2/>

DDoS Attacks Jump by a Third in Q2 - Infosecurity Magazine
DDoS Attacks Jump by a Third in Q2.Corero report claims shorter bursts of smaller attacks are the new norm
Read more...<http://www.infosecurity-magazine.com/news/ddos-attacks-jump-by-a-third-in-q2/>

http://www.lightreading.com/security/security-strategies/atandt-corporate-it-attacks-up-458--in-2014/d/d-id/718497

Serious rise in corporate attacks.  AT&T Chief Security Officer says companies need to get more serious, smart, and creative about security
AT&T: Corporate IT Attacks Up 458% in 2014 | Light Reading
More than half of organizations are still not not re-evaluating their information security even after high-visibility data breaches.
Read more...<http://www.lightreading.com/security/security-strategies/atandt-corporate-it-attacks-up-458--in-2014/d/d-id/718497>

Dylan R. Maloni
B.S. Information & Telecommunication Systems
Ohio University | 2016

412.519.6079 | dm965111 at ohio.edu
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dylanmaloni