[Itech] Research Participation Request

Albrahim, Fatimah fa961211 at ohio.edu
Fri Jul 7 15:03:14 EDT 2017

Hello,

Are you an Instructional designer:

1               Who is currently working as an instructional designer at a Higher Education institution?

2               Who holds a degree in instructional design or related fields?

3               Who is working or will be working with a faculty member to develop an online course?

If so, I would like to invite you to participate in a research study on the working relationship between faculty members and instructional designers when developing online courses. The recruitment script is below. If you are not an instructional designer yourself, but know of someone who may be involved in the field, a referral would be greatly appreciated.

My name is Fatimah Albrahim. I’m a doctoral candidate and instructional designer at Ohio University. I am working on my PhD dissertation that focuses on the working relationship between faculty and instructional designers when developing online courses. I would like to invite you to participate in this study. With your help, I hope to be able to investigate perceived factors that influence the interaction between faculty members and instructional designers. Moreover, I would like to explore best practices for building a productive relationship with faculty members when developing online courses. Knowing more about faculty/Instructional designer relationship would help provide better support to faculty and to develop high quality online courses.
To gain better understanding of this relationship, I would like to invite you to complete a web-based questionnaire that would take 10-15 mins of your time. You will be asked later if you are willing to participate in an interview. The interview will last about 35-45 minutes. It’s expected from you to answer open-ended questions about the whole course design experience. The interviews will be audio-recorded. Your records will be kept confidential and your identity will be kept private.
Your participation is completely voluntary. However, I will greatly appreciate your willingness to share your thoughts and experiences. If you agree to participate in this study, please visit the following link:
https://ohio.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6MCo7xumVCDQOep

Thank You for your participation!

Sincerely,
Fatimah Albrahim
Doctoral candidate, Instructional Technology