[Itech] EXTENDED: Playful Learning Summit 2015 CFP

Albrahim, Fatimah fa961211 at ohio.edu
Wed Mar 4 10:20:26 EST 2015

[Inline image 1]

The deadline for the Playful Learning Summit Call for Proposals has been EXTENDED to March 7th, 2015. Be sure to get yours submitted today!

DECISIONS WILL STILL BE ANNOUNCED ON MARCH 13TH, AND EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION STILL ENDS ON MARCH 22ND.

We are pleased to invite you to submit a proposal for the 2nd Annual Playful Learning Summit at Ohio University, in beautiful Athens, OH on Friday, May, 8th, 2015.
​Share
 your expertise in using playful learning strategies, resources, and pedagogy for teaching and learning.

The Playful Learning Summit brings together creativity, play, and
​ ​
research
​ ​
for educators, designers and scholars exploring playful approaches to teaching and learning across contexts. In our first year we welcomed leading researchers, K12 teachers, park and museum curators, publishers, librarians, game designers, and some guy named Eugene. Join us this year as we continue the conversation, share tested ideas, and generally mingle.

​​Inside the box?
The Playful Learning Summit seeks to connect educators who share a passion for engaging and playful classroom practices. This year we are focusing on what happens 'inside the box' of learning playfully. As we design, research, and teach we are continually looking for meaningful feedback, understanding, and user experiences. There are many ways to seek this out. Together, we are asking questions that will bring us closer: How do I know students are learning? What do we look for? What helps us to measure the effectiveness, appropriateness, and potency of our playful learning spaces?

​
Session/Presentation Options​

We encourage you to submit a presentation in any of the following formats to share and join the Playful Learning community with your experiences and knowledge.

  *   Investigator (15 Min) -  Encourage everyone to ​'​sit awhile and listen​' (a Deckard Cain reference)​. Bring your best research and unveil your discoveries.

​ We'll be grouping you with other scholars around themes, so plan to stay afterward and meet new colleagues. ​

  *   Craftsperson (45 Min) - Share your mastery in a tool or application for playful learning in a workshop showing others how to use it.

​ Consider how this tool may be applied to learning spaces and content areas.

  *   Charmer (45 Min) - Tell a tale of classroom adventures and glory. Submit a presentation to spread your teaching across the land.

  *   Tinkerer (Showcase over lunch) - During lunch we will invite posters and table top demonstrations of new research, design, or classroom ideas.

  *   Engineer (All day​, arcade)​ - Craft and build new digital adventures. Bring your games to the Game Arcade for sharing, playtesting, or just good fun.

All submissions are considered, but we invite you to contribute within the following themes:

  *   Theme 1: Investigations on innovative teaching, research design, or repurposing games for learning.

  *   Theme 2: Games or classroom practices that showcase playful learning.

  *   Theme 3: Developing games that stimulate creativity and learning​ in informal settings​.

[https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/s-YMZeWxj7bmwbB8uSYf7NQ/image?w=234&h=61&rev=37&ac=1]<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/120BwE62G3k8ORbGIxtUpkFb5QTpg4mGGYyvsmhUHBFg/viewform>

Visit us at  www.interactivelearningconference.com<http://www.interactivelearningconference.com/>
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/120BwE62G3k8ORbGIxtUpkFb5QTpg4mGGYyvsmhUHBFg/viewform>

Directors:

Audra Hilterbran     email: hilterbr at ohio.edu       <mailto:hilterbr at ohio.edu>

Dr. Seann Dikkers    email: dikkers at ohio.edu<mailto:dikkers at ohio.edu>

Important Dates:

Decisions Announced:                       March 13th, 2015

Early bird registration ends:              March 22nd, 2015

Playful Learning Summit:                   May 8th, 2015

--
Audra Hilterbran
Distributed Instructional Technologist