[Itech] Fwd: Director of Instructional Technology Opening with Minneapolis Public Schools (MN)
David Richard Moore
moored3 at ohio.edu
Tue Jun 10 15:24:47 EDT 2014
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Travis Hillier <travish at proactsearch.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 8:01 AM
Subject: Director of Instructional Technology Opening with Minneapolis
Public Schools (MN)
To: moored3 at ohio.edu
Good Morning David-
I hope your day and week have begun well! I wanted to reach out to you
about the *Director of* *Instructional Technology *position we are working
on with *Minneapolis Public Schools* in Minneapolis, MN. Based on your
expertise Instructional Technology, I was hoping you might know of some
qualified candidates who may be interested in pursuing this exciting
MPS's Instructional Technology Department serves *over 35,000 students in
92 Schools*. The Director will provide leadership and direction in the
effective use of instructional and operational technology, technology
services planning, organization, administration and evaluation as well as
the integration of new and emerging technologies to increase efficiencies
and productivity within the district.
I am including the general job description points below, but please let me
know if you or your colleagues would like to get some more context. For the
full position profile, please follow this link.
If your colleague is interested in pursuing this opportunity he or she
Additional information on the district itself is available here
Please let me know if you have any questions.
*Assistant Director of Operations*
· Leads a cross-departmental team that will bring together
faculty development, instructional design and online learning into a
coordinated organization or structure.
· Provides leadership, direction, and project management in the
conception, design, development, deployment, maintenance, and evaluation of
technology-based learning solutions.
· Aligns technology services and innovation with the District
education mission and priorities.
· Manages the educational technology service portfolio and develops
metrics for measuring the success of staff using technology and services.
· Brings innovative and creative ideas to the development and
design of online and blended learning experiences, the integration of
digital content with instruction, and the use of instructional technologies
· Transforms teaching and learning through effectively applying
present and emerging technologies to the development and implementation of
programs and services.
· Provides leadership by keeping abreast of new technologies that
impact teaching and learning and advocate effectively for their use.
· In partnership with other technology leaders, manages
large-scaled educational technology projects, including development,
implementation, and evaluation.
· Collaboratively works with key department and school leadership
and faculty to develop a strategic vision for educational technology that
will inform and support the department or school’s current efforts to
improve teaching and learning.
· Works in consultation with faculty and student advisory groups to
plan for the use of technology to improve and/or accelerate learning.
· Works collaboratively with senior administrative staff to
leverage the district’s investments in information/instructional
technology, information systems, and knowledge resources and informatics,
as they apply to the educational mission.
· Participates in the national and international community of
experts seeking to develop, apply and evaluate innovative educational
· Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting
with students, clients, visitors, and MPS staff; acts in a manner that
promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
· Enthusiastically promotes the Superintendent’s goals and
priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures.
· Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues,
records and MPS information.
· Other duties or tasks may be assigned on an as-needed basis.
· At times may be required to work outside normal business hours
and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position.
To unsubscribe, click here
David Richard Moore
Associate Professor, Instructional Technology
Department Chair, Educational Studies
Patton College of Education
321B McCracken Hall, Athens, OH 45701
740 597 1322 (O)
moored3 at ohio.edu
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Itech