[Itech] Fwd: Student Travel funds for presenting research

Teresa Franklin franklit at ohio.edu
Wed Aug 27 09:49:51 EDT 2014

Hello Graduates:

See note below.

Dr. Franklin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Paulins, Ann <paulins at ohio.edu>
Date: Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Subject: Student Travel funds for presenting research
To: "Paulins, Ann" <paulins at ohio.edu>

Good day PCOE Colleagues,

I wanted to make sure that we are all able to *assist students who are
conducting research* and have the initiative and good fortune to be
invited/accepted to *present their work at professional conferences*…

There are funds available from the Patton College Dean’s office to support
student travel for research presentations. Depending on the scope of their
presentations, they are eligible for funding between $200 and $500 from The
Patton College Student Research Travel Fund. (Departments may offer
additional support – that is up to individual departments, with Department
Chairs being the people ask about that).

The details are on the STUDENT TRAVEL APPLICATION form, which can be
located from my website:
http://www.ohio.edu/education/college-offices/office-of-the-dean/research-and-graduate-studies/index.cfm
(there is a hot link in my letter)

In short summary:

$200 – with Documentation that shows acceptance at a professional
conference to present research

$300 - if you also apply to the Graduate Student Senate Travel Fund
(graduate students) or to the Undergraduate Travel Fund (UG students) –
this provides incentive to apply for other funds :-) This links are

$500 - if student submits, along with the first two items, a paper
approximately15 pages in length. This is because we want to encourage
publishing; some presentations will require papers, other require a poster,
but either way, students who develop a full paper are eligible for the $500
funding.

The completed travel request forms should be submitted to me (Ann Paulins)
through Barbara Wright, whose office is in 136 McCracken Hall.

There is no deadline for travel funds; I process them as they are received.
Students are strongly encouraged to submit the requests as soon at they
have confirmation of an upcoming presentation.

*By the way, all students who are funded are invited to a “Research
Recognition Dinner” – along with their faculty sponsor. This year the
dinner will be Tuesday February 10, 2015 in Baker Center (mark your
calendars!)*

Please also be aware that there are opportunities for students to have
their research funded… with the Graduate Student Research Fund (details
accessible on my website, click right-hand upper ‘box’).

I do ask that you have students retrieve the forms from the website (please
don’t send them old forms that you may have stored on your computer). The
forms have been updated!

Finally, I am delighted to assist you or your students with the process or
information.

All the best,

Ann

V. Ann Paulins, Ph.D.

Senior Associate Dean – Research & Graduate Studies

133 McCracken Hall

Athens, OH  45701

ph: 740.593.0253

fax: 740.593.0569

Skype: ann.paulins

paulins at ohio.edu <e-mailname at ohio.edu>

www.cehs.ohio.edu

http://www.facebook.com/PattonCEHS

http://twitter.com/PattonCEHS

The best student-centered learning experience in America.

--

*"A teacher affects eternity; [she]he can never tell where the influence
stops." - Henry Adams *Dr. Teresa Franklin
also: franklinteresa at gmail.com

*~~~~~~Ohio University -- The best student-centered learning *experience in
America~~~~