[Itech] Instructional Design Competition

Jamie Smith smithj31 at ohio.edu
Tue Nov 13 18:55:19 EST 2012

Greetings, grads -

As you've likely already heard, our own Briju Thankachan and Ken Eminian
won the 2012 PacificCorp / AECT Instructional Design and Development
Competition this year. This International Competition is highly competitive
and is a major instructional design event in the field. Briju has been kind
enough to pass along the problem statement for next year's competition
(attached here) and offered to speak with anyone who is interested in
learning more about the experience.

PacifiCorp is specifically interested in promoting collaboration and
mentoring within the professional community. The goals for this award are
to:

   - improve the professional practice of design and development in adult
   learning and performance-improvement settings
   - promote collaboration among students, faculty, and practitioners
   - mentor promising students by leaders outside their home institutions
   - recognize innovative design-and-development approaches to adult
   learning and performance-improvement problems

You can find additional information at http://www.aect.org/Pacificorp/ or
contact Briju at bt284107 at ohio.edu with questions. It would be great to see
future representation from our program in 2013!

Thanks,
Jamie

--
Jamie Smith
Graduate Faculty, Instructional Technology