[Itech] Fwd: Oral Communication for Graduate Students ELIP 530 Winter Quarter 2011-12

Teresa Franklin franklit at ohio.edu
Fri Jan 6 11:31:17 EST 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bikowski, Dawn <bikowski at ohio.edu>
Date: Fri, Jan 6, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Subject: Oral Communication for Graduate Students ELIP 530 Winter Quarter
2011-12
Hello International Graduate Students:

Please examine the information below as these are courses that will help
you be successful in your coursework at OU.  These are for both masters and
Phd level graduate students.

Dr. Franklin

Dear Graduate Chair, Director, or Department:

We are pleased to announce that the *Oral Communication in Graduate Studies*
*course (ELIP 530)* is running this quarter in the evenings—7:10-8:30 pm
TTh.

This course is specifically designed for international graduate students to
work on their presentations skills, pronunciation, and general
communication skills. Students also have the opportunity to work on leading
class discussions and learning more about American culture.

Please pass along this information to your international graduate students.
They can contact me with questions.

** **

*ELIP 530—Oral Communication in Graduate Studies, 3 credit hours *

*Tu,Th 7:10 PM to 8:30 PM Class Number #16290 Gordy 015*

** **
Dawn

*
Linguistics Department**
**Dawn Bikowski*
Director, English Language Improvement Program

bikowski at ohio.edu • T: 740.593.0201
Gordy Hall 367 • Athens OH 45701
www.ohio.edu • http://www.ohio.edu/linguistics/elip

*The best way to have a good idea is to have a lot of ideas, and throw away
the bad ones. --Linus Pauling
***

Dr. Teresa Franklin
Professor, Instructional Technology
Instructional Technology Program Coordinator
Dept. Educational Studies
Athens, OH 45701
740-593-4561 (office)
740-541-8847 (cell)