[Itech] Summer Comps Information

Teresa Franklin franklit at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 18 11:51:53 EDT 2012

Hello Graduates:

If I am your advisor or on your comprehensive exam committee and you plan
to take the comps this summer (first week of August), then you need to send
me the members of your committee and state that you will take the comps in
August.

I would like to make sure I have all the comprehensive exam questions in
place by May 15th so that as the end of the quarter arrives this is not
missed and you are left without comprehensive exam questions to complete.

I will be not be available in this summer except by email so you need to be
sure you have completed your responsibility of seeing each person on the
comprehensive exam committee and informing them of your summer exam
schedule.  You should have a discussion with each member to identify what
you may need to continue to study in preparation for your exam.

For those of you for whom I am the chair, I will send the questions to you
electronically at the end of July in preparation for your exam.  You will
return all of your answers to me electronically after 14 days and I will
distribute to the members the exam. Remember:  If you are ever going to
write well, the comprehensive exam is the time to do so.  This exam is used
by faculty to determine your ability to write a dissertation and my
determine whether a faculty member will serve on your committee or not.

Please note that Dr. Moore may do this in another manner so contact him for
his procedure.

Sincerely,

*~~~~~~The best student-centered learning *experience in America~~~~

Dr. Teresa Franklin
Professor, Instructional Technology
Instructional Technology Program Coordinator
313D McCracken Hall
Dept. Educational Studies
Athens, OH 45701
740-593-4561 (office)
740-541-8847 (cell)
740-593-0477 (fax)
also: franklinteresa at gmail.com

"A teacher affects eternity; she/he can never tell where the influence
stops." - Henry Adams

*
*
**