[Itech] Software to Detect Plagiarism

Teresa Franklin franklit at ohio.edu
Tue Oct 5 10:45:38 EDT 2010

Hello Graduates:

Plagiarism is always an issue when writing papers, a thesis or a
dissertation.  This is a dishonest practice and you are stealing someone's
intellectual property when you plagiarize.

I have attached a list of free software that can be found online to help you
in this process.  You may even want to purchase a subscription from
Turn-it-In or some other software company to help you manage this issue.*

You should know that we use Turn-it-In in the Instructional Technology
Program to check papers, theses, and dissertations and have a NO
TOLERANCEpolicy.
*  If plagiarism is found, we typically do not ask that you rewrite the
paper -- we will send the paper straight to OU Judiciaries.  It is your
responsibility to check your papers before you turn them in and know the
rules for what determines plagiarism as well as OU policy in the Student
Handbook http://www.ohio.edu/students/handbook/ concerning plagiarism.

Thanks,

Professor, Instructional Technology
Instructional Technology Program Coordinator
Dept. Educational Studies
Gladys W. & David H. Patton College of Education and Human Services
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
740-593-4561 (office)
740-593-0477 (fax)