[Itech] Fwd: Learning with iPad in Higher Education

Dave Moore mooredavidrichard at gmail.com
Mon Nov 15 16:49:55 EST 2010

This looks interesting. I asked if Graduate Students could attend and I was
told emphatically yes.
-drm
-------

*What: Apple Learning with iPad in Higher Education*

*When: November 19, 2010*

*Where: Baker Center Room 242*

*Time: 10:00am to 3:00 pm (see below for details)*

*Please RSVP to Renee Perry, perryr1 at ohio.edu*

* *

*Please pass along to anyone interested*

* *

*Learning with iPad in Higher Education.*

*See how the iPad is making learning more engaging and accessible than ever.
*

* *

Today students are learning in more places than just the classroom, and
mobile products and solutions are changing the campus learning environment.

Please join us for ‘Learning with iPad’, a session to discuss Apple's mobile
strategy with the iPad and how it is beginning to change higher education.
With numerous education applications, as well as strategies for textbooks,
research and integration, the iPad is becoming a tremendous tool for 21st
Century Learning.

We will spend time learning about the Apps that are native to the iPad, and
investigate some of the resources that are available on iTunes U.  We will
also look at some of the Apps that are available from 3rd Party developers
that enhance teaching and learning in the classroom.

Overview of Agenda:

10:00 - 10:15

Student Trends in Higher Education

10:15 - 10:45

Mobile Learning with the iPad

10:45

 - 11:15

Mobile Content; iTunes U, App Store & ePub

11:15 - 11:30  Discussion, Q&A

Attendees:

This is focused on faculty, administration, and instructional/academic
technology staff

---

*Lunch Provided by Apple*

11:30 to 12:45p

---

*Deploying and Supporting iOS Devices on Campus*

The iPhone and iPad are being deployed on many campuses.  As a large number
of iOS devices come into the university campus questions arise on how to
deploy, manage, secure, and support these users.

This session will focus on a high-level overview of how manage iOS devices.
 The topics of discussion will include:

.. Deployment

.. Management

.. Security

.. Support

Attendees:

This is focused on technical staff.

Time:

1:00p to 3:00p

Renee Perry

Ohio University

Office of Information Technology

phone (740) 593-9651

fax (740) 593-0589

--
David Richard Moore
Associate Professor, Instructional Technology
moored3 at ohio.edu
http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~moored3/