[Itech] Fwd: Director of Technology in Stavanger, Norway

Teresa Franklin franklit at ohio.edu
Sun Jan 31 18:55:18 EST 2010

Graduates,

Jobs available.

Dr. Franklin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anna Ross <ar253303 at ohio.edu>
Date: Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 1:01 PM
Subject: Director of Technology in Stavanger, Norway
To: Teresa Franklin <franklit at ohio.edu>

 Here is another one that may help someone... : ) Best, Anna I found this
job on ISTE Career Center (http://career.iste.org) and thought you might be
interested.

Anna Ross

------------------------------
*Director of Technology in Stavanger, Norway <#126858af81cc4004_emp>*

*Salary:* Open
*Type:* Full Time - Experienced

International School of Stavanger, Norway Even considered teaching and
living in beautiful, safe, healthy Norway? ISStavanger is a non-profit
Norwegian foundation that provides an English-language, coeducational day
school program for 700 students in grades Pre-school-Grade 12. While our
students come from over 40 nations, US citizens are one of the largest
nationalities represented. We seek certified and experienced applicants for
a full-time Director of Technology opening for August, 2010. This is a new
position for our school. Like many other independent non-profit schools, we
have done much with technology over the years, but now want to add a
seasoned professional who can oversee what we are doing to make sure that we
are not just adding new shiny toys, but can help us meld our vision of
technology to impact student learning in meaningful, positive, powerful,
effective and efficient ways. Although we do not expect this person to
teach, it must be someone who has a strong teaching background and
understands the process and has experience in-servicing teachers. Helping
our teachers integrate technology into their teaching will be an essential
role for the individual. It must also be someone who understands what goes
on inside the computer as well to be able to supervise and assist our IT
technical staff members. Understanding budgeting for wise purchasing is
another essential skill. The ability to walk on water will also be an
excellent attribute that our school community will appreciate and cherish.
Candidates invited for interviews must hold current state teacher
certification and have a strong teaching background previous to moving into
a similar Director of Technology position. The position is a two-year
contract initially that is renewable, with the reporting date in Norway
being Thursday, August 5, 2010. The school provides a fine salary and
benefits program that includes return airfare and additional other benefits.
Strong extra-curricular involvement outside school hours is an expectation.
Our school has an active art, drama, music, clubs, sports and outdoor
education program and welcomes applicants who have skills/interests in these
areas. The successful candidate will be required to submit a police attest.
Should your background and skills be a match for our needs and you have the
interest/flexibility to consider moving to Norway in early August, please
send as soon as possible a letter of intent, resume/CV, skype address and
reference information to: Dr. Linda M. Duevel, Director/Superintendent
International School of Stavanger E-mail: LDuevel at isstavanger.no School
website: www.isstavanger.no Thank you very much!

Required Education: 4 Year Degree

*NOTES:* International Candidates Will Be Considered. Employer will assist
with relocation costs

Apply online at http://career.iste.org/jobdetail.cfm?job=3286308.32

--

Dr. Teresa Franklin