[Itech] Fwd: OU CALL Conference

Dave Moore mooredavidrichard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 23:07:20 EST 2010

This looks interesting!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Greg Kessler <kessler at ohio.edu>
Date: Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 6:53 PM
Subject: OU CALL Conference
To: Dave Moore <mooredavidrichard at gmail.com>

Hi Dave,

Can you share this information with faculty and students in the College of
Education?

I think people throughout your college would be very interested in Steve
Thorne from Penn State. He is a fascinating and dynamic speaker who reflects
on some complex theory in new and exciting ways. It would be great for you
to join us as well. The free wrap-up dinner will be at Jackie-O's. The owner
is one of our teachers in Linguistics.

Thanks,
Greg

This is an open invitation to join us for our 2nd annual free one day CALL
conference at Ohio University on Friday, April 9th.

We are very excited to have Steve Thorne delivering the keynote, Activity
theory and mediated language learning. Other highlights include a technology
courseware fair, numerous workshops, concurrent sessions and a complimentary
wrap up dinner for the first 50 registered attendees. You can register
online and browse the schedule at:
http://sites.google.com/site/oucallconference/Home

Video of selected sessions will be streamed and archived for those
interested, but unable to attend. You can also view last year's keynote,
CALL Theory, delivered by Phil Hubbard at:
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1451207

We look forward to seeing you in Athens!

Best,
Greg
Greg Kessler
Assistant Professor of Computer Assisted Language Learning
Department of Linguistics
Director of Language Resource Center
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
http://ohiou.edu/linguistics/people/Kessler.html
http://ohioenglish.com
http://gregling.net     http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~kessler

David Richard Moore
Associate Professor
Program Coordinator, Instructional Technology
Ohio University
250 McCracken Hall, Athens OH 45701
moored3 at ohio.edu
http://oak.cats.ohiou.edu/~moored3/