[Itech] Fwd: MWERA 2010 in Columbus, OH

Dave Moore mooredavidrichard at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 16:12:12 EDT 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Gordon Brooks <brooksg at ohio.edu>
Date: Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 4:08 PM
Subject: Fwd: MWERA 2010 in Columbus, OH
To: brooksg at ohio.edu

Dear Colleague,

Please consider submitting a proposal to MWERA (it's in Columbus this
October) and ESPECIALLY consider recommending that your Graduate Students
submit a proposal (we have had undergraduates present in the past, but it's
really geared more toward graduate students and faculty).  MWERA has a
mission that focuses on providing opportunities for graduate students and
new scholars to present papers and posters in a supportive environment.

MWERA is a wonderful conference for both graduate students and faculty and
we usually have a nice group attend from OU.  Last year we had
papers/presentations from students, alumni, and/or faculty in EDRE, Cultural
Studies, Counselor Ed, Instructional Technology, Higher Ed, and Teacher
Ed---but other programs have had folks attend in previous years, too.  There
are divisions in MWERA that suit all graduate programs in Education (we have
the same Divisions as AERA, but not any of the SIGs---the Call for Proposals
is available as a PDF at the www.mwera.org web site and has a list of all
the Divisions, if you're not sure).

The theme and the link for submitting proposals is in the
email forwarded below.  Please feel free to forward this email to anyone you
think would be interested.  The official deadline for submitting proposals
in May 1st.  To be honest, this deadline has been extended in past years,
but there is no certainty that it will be extended this year, so if you are
interested you will probably want to try to submit before May 1 (but if you
know you can't work on a short 3-5 page proposal until late April or early
May, there may still be a chance for you to submit in May---just no
promises).

The conference program from 2009 is still available on the web site if you
want to take a look at the kinds of things presented at MWERA last
year.  You can also sign up to be a reviewer, Session Chair, and or Session
Discussant through the All-Academic web site---just use the same "Submit
Proposal" tab/link at the top of the www.mwera.org page.

~~~Gordon