[Hlthpol] Fellowship Opportunity

Cooper, Nancy coopern at ohio.edu
Thu Jul 7 13:32:54 EDT 2016

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/b9850d25b4dd96dd60bf33f88/images/b2f1efa4-bf45-4823-bb02-7b9c5af40fc7.png]

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/b9850d25b4dd96dd60bf33f88/images/a6638955-95e4-4279-ae1b-b57c0886dfb1.png]

Leaders for Health Equity Fellowship

We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting applications for a new fellowship opportunity, the Leaders for Health Equity<http://medicaleducationfutures.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b9850d25b4dd96dd60bf33f88&id=6d4fb1411e&e=0ee7e78772> (LHE).  The aim of the fellowship is to develop leaders who understand the foundations of health inequity and have the knowledge, skills, and courage to build more equitable health systems and organizations.

LHE is a one year fellowship opportunity designed for early to mid-career professionals who are currently engaged in health sector work including, but not limited to, academia, government, healthcare delivery, business, research, and media.  The program will select ten U.S. and five international fellows.

We invite you to forward this information or apply yourself.  The application deadline is approaching August 15, 2016.  For those with an organizational newsletter, please consider sharing a brief announcement about the program.  More information about the program can also be found at our website, equityfellowship.gwhwi.o​rg<http://medicaleducationfutures.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=b9850d25b4dd96dd60bf33f88&id=1b595f5acc&e=0ee7e78772>.

We are very excited to launch this innovative program.  Please feel free to contact us with any inquiries.

Sincerely,

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/b9850d25b4dd96dd60bf33f88/images/64a98ad1-c4c0-4991-96c0-dd875cbcbb11.jpg]

[https://gallery.mailchimp.com/b9850d25b4dd96dd60bf33f88/images/85681449-adbe-48e8-8972-5802b3df403e.jpg]

Fitzhugh Mullan, MD                                                      Guenevere Burke MD, MBA
Professor of Health Policy and Pediatrics                  Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine
The George Washington University                            The George Washington University

“Leaders for Health Equity is a new fellowship program offered by the George Washington University through the generosity of the Atlantic Philanthropies.  The call for applications is now open through August 15, 2016.  Please visit equityfellowship.gwhwi.o​rg <http://medicaleducationfutures.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=b9850d25b4dd96dd60bf33f88&id=e20528c78c&e=0ee7e78772> for more information.”

Nancy Cooper
Coordinator, Health Policy Fellowship
Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
307 Grosvenor Hall
Athens, OH  45701
740-593-2017 (office)
740-707-8425 (cell)