[Hlthpol] STAT: New on line publication on health, medicine and life sciences

Cooper, Nancy coopern at ohio.edu
Thu Nov 5 12:13:01 EST 2015

Hi Fellows and List Serve Members:  Boston Globe owner John Henry has unveiled a new on-line publication dedicated to coverage of health, medicine, and life sciences:  STAT

"We want it to appeal to a broad audience," Mr. Berke (editor of STAT), said in an interview. "But we also want it to be credible and informative to people in the world of science and medicine. There is a real vacuum in the coverage . . . the aim is to provide provocative, interesting journalism on science and the business behind it, on funding and research, patients, hospitals and health."  NYT (11/4/15)

Check out STAT here:  http://www.statnews.com/

Nancy Cooper
Coordinator, Health Policy Fellowship
Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
307 Grosvenor Hall
Athens, OH  45701
740-593-2017 (office)
740-707-8425 (cell)