[Hlthpol] TIPS Class of 2015 - 2016

Bette Coppola bcoppola at nyit.edu
Tue Jun 30 10:08:43 EDT 2015

Dear Colleagues:

I hope this note finds you healthy and happy, enjoying the start of the summer season!

We are happy to announce that the selection process has begun for the TIPS Class of 2015 - 2016.  To refresh your memory, here are some facts about the program, which will be entering its fourteenth (14!) year:

*        Year-long certificate program designed for osteopathic residents who have successfully completed at least one (1) year of accredited graduate medical education and are preparing for leadership roles in the profession and positions of influence in health policy.
*        Fellows attend four intensive three-day seminars, once in New York, once in Washington, DC, and twice at rotating locations.
*        TIPS seminars focus on topics including access, cost and quality issues, public health policy analysis, health economics, workforce issues, vulnerable populations, and political advocacy and the legislative process.
*        There is no cost for the TIPS program, but estimated expenses are approximately $1,250/seminar for transportation and lodging.  It's necessary for the selected residents to have their state, OPTI, Specialty College, school, or residency program's financial support.

We welcome your recommendation of potential applicants and appreciate your passing information along to interested candidates.

TIPS applications are available online at:

http://www.nyit.edu/medicine/about/tips

The deadline for submission (application and three letters of reference) is July 27, 2015.  If you have questions, or require additional information, please contact me at (516) 686-3922 or bcoppola at nyit.edu<mailto:bcoppola at nyit.edu>.

Thank you in advance for your support and collegiality in selecting qualified applicants for the TIPS Class of 2015 - 2016.  Nancy Cooper and I hope to see you at OMED, in Orlando, FL, next fall!

With warm regards.
Bet

Bette Coppola, M.Ed.
Coordinator of Health Policy Programs