[Hlthpol] OMED: HPF/TIPS

Cooper, Nancy coopern at ohio.edu
Thu Oct 23 10:23:27 EDT 2014

HI Fellows:  Looking forward to seeing you at OMED Seattle.  Stop by and say hi at the Health Policy Fellowship/Training in Policy Studies booth # 738 on the main exhibit floor.  We are not having a reception this year as we could not find a time that didn't compete with other major events.

We have four graduates from the HPF Class of 2014 presenting policy posters this year:

*        Pamela Grimaldi, D.O.: The Nutrition Reform and Work Opportunity Act of 2013/HR 3102:  Impact on the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program

*        Oneka Marriott, D.O., MPH:  Foreign Medical Schools: A Good Investment or Bad Medicine for Taxpayers?

*        Monte Mitchell, D.O., J.D.: All-Payer Claims Database:  Providing FACTS so Patients Can Chose Value

*        Jeanne Rupert, D.O., Ph.D.:  Cost-Shifting to Medicare Beneficiaries:  A Route to Decreased Access and Increased Cost

View the posters Saturday through Monday in the research area in the main exhibit hall.

Keep me updated on your HP activities and check out what other grads are doing at http://www.oucom.ohiou.edu/hpf    NC

Nancy Cooper
Coordinator, Health Policy Fellowship
Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
307 Grosvenor Hall
Athens, OH  45701
740-593-2017 (office)
740-707-8425 (cell)