[Hlthpol] AAMC Workforce Issues Conference 2013: Call for Proposals

Cooper, Nancy coopern at ohio.edu
Wed Sep 26 17:00:49 EDT 2012

Hi Fellows: Tom Levitan at AACOM recently contacted me to see if Health Policy and/or TIPS Fellows would be interested in serving as a resource on the topic of the health care workforce.  Tom explained that AAMC would welcome a greater DO presence at the AAMC Workforce Issues conference - and that AAMC would look well on a proposal for a block of sessions by DOs (four twenty-minute sessions - approximately 1 ½ hours total).

I am getting in touch to see if you would be interested in getting involved in this project.  Potential topics could include innovative educational programs that train primary care physicians and an examination of what is it about osteopathic medical practice and training that makes it a good fit for the medical home model.

I have attached a link to the AAMC Workforce conference agenda so you can get an idea of the scope of topics covered at the conference.

Tom would be interested in meeting with you at OMED to discuss your ideas.  If you are interested in developing a proposal (due in November) to present at the AAMC Workforce Conference in May 2013, please get in touch with me.

Thanks for considering this invitation.  Hope all is well.  NC

Nancy Cooper, Coordinator
Health Policy Fellowship
307 Grosvenor Hall
Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
Athens, Ohio  45701
Office (740) 593-2017
Cell (740) 707-8425
Fax (740) 593-1730