[Hlthpol] AOA, ACGME Move Toward Unified Accreditation for Graduate Medical Education Programs

Barbara Greenwald bgreenwa at nyit.edu
Sat Oct 27 09:47:05 EDT 2012

Actually, NYSOMS is holding an OMM workshop next weekend and we just got a request from an allopathic resident who wants to attend. He's been working with his osteopathic counterparts and has become very interested in OMM--even wants to join NYSOMS.

Also, my brief was on whether or not to allow MD students into osteopathic residencies--which I recommended. There are some areas of the country where all residency programs are scarce and unified accrediation would give them more options. It also may attract MDs into osteopathic primary care programs.