[Hlthpol] HPF Director Provisional Appointee of IOM Committee

Natasha Bray nbray at nova.edu
Mon Aug 6 13:03:25 EDT 2012

Dr. Ross-Lee,
Congratulations!
Natasha

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cooper, Nancy" <coopern at ohio.edu>
Date: Monday, August 6, 2012 11:12 am
Subject: [Hlthpol] HPF Director Provisional Appointee of IOM Committee
To: "hlthpol at listserv.ohio.edu" <hlthpol at listserv.ohio.edu>

<http://www.facebook.com/share.php?u=http://www.aacom.org/resources/ome/2012-08/Pages/iom.aspx>
[cid:image003.png at 01CD73C4.2E360990] <http://www.linkedin.com/shareArticle?
mini=true&url=http://www.aacom.org/resources/ome/2012-08/Pages/iom.aspx>

> [cid:image004.jpg at 01CD73C4.2E360990]On July 31, the Institute of
> Medicine (IOM) announced provisional appointments to its Committee
> on Governance and Financing of Graduate Medical Education. The
> committee was formed to conduct an independent review of the
> governance and financing of the nation's GME system and issue
> recommendations for consideration by Congress. According to the
> IOM, the Committee will convene for 21 months to "(1) assess
> current regulation, financing, content, governance, and
> organization of U.S. GME and (2) recommend how to modify GME to
> produce a physician workforce for a 21st century U.S. health care
> system that provides high quality preventive, acute, and chronic
> care, and meets the needs of an aging and more diverse population."
> The American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
> (AACOM) is pleased to announce that Barbara Ross-Lee, DO, New York
> Institute of Technology's Vice President for Health Sciences and
> Medical Affairs, and Acting Dean of the New York College of
> Osteopathic Medicine, is listed among the provisional members. Her
> appointment, and that of other members, will not be finalized until
> after a 20-day public comment period on the membership of the
> Committee.See the IOM
> website<http://www8.nationalacademies.org/cp/projectview.aspx?key=IOM-HCS-11-07> for more information
about the Committee and to view the full provisional Committee
membership<http://www8.nationalacademies.org/cp/CommitteeView.aspx?key=49470>.

> Nancy Cooper, Coordinator
> Health Policy Fellowship
> 307 Grosvenor Hall
> Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
> Athens, Ohio  45701
> Office (740) 593-2017
> Cell (740) 707-8425
> Fax (740) 593-1730
> coopern at ohio.edu

 Natasha N. Bray, D.O.
Assistant Professor Department of Internal Medicine
Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine

3200 S. University Drive, Suite 1431
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33328
954.262.1449
fax 954.262.2276

The best preparation for tomorrow is to do today's work superbly well.
-Sir William Osler

Privacy Statement: This email, and any attachments, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named
herein and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you are
hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachments, is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify me by replying to this email and permanently
deleting the original and any copy of this email and any printout.