[Hlthpol] Health Policy Fellows Activities Updates

Cooper, Nancy cooper at oucom.ohiou.edu
Wed Apr 29 10:11:52 EDT 2009

Hello Fellows and List Serve Members:  Two Health Policy Fellows were among the twelve inaugural members of the National Academy of Osteopathic Medical Educators (NAOME) inducted into the Academy in a ceremony at AACOM's Awards Banquet on Friday, April 17, in Bethesda, Maryland:

Michael L. Kuchera, DO, Director, Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine Research, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, HPF Class of 2001 and

Patricia S. Sexton, DHEd, Assistant Professor of Family Medicine, Community and Preventive Health, A.T. Still University Kirksville College of Osteopathic Medicine, HPF Class of 2009.

The Academy, modeled after the Baylor College of Medicine's Academy of Distinguished Educators, is designed to develop a community of outstanding educators who have met rigorous standards of academic scholarship. Each Academy Fellow is inducted for a five-year period, during which the individual serves as a leader and mentor for academic scholarship in the osteopathic medical education profession.  Dr. Kuchera would like to encourage a dialogue about "how NAOME Fellows can serve as a resource for the profession in conjunction with involvement from Health Policy Fellows."  Dr. Kuchera can be reached at michaelkuc at pcom.edu<mailto:michaelkuc at pcom.edu>.

For more information about the Academy and its application process, please access http://www.aacom.org/InfoFor/educators/naome/Pages/default.aspx

Duane Koehler, D.O., HPF Class of 2003 was inducted as President of the Oklahoma Osteopathic Association at the recent Annual OOA Convention in Oklahoma City.   Dr. Koehler joins twenty HPF Fellows who have served or are serving as President of their state associations.

Remember that May is HPF Application Month - thanks to those of you who have sent names of potential candidates.  Let me know if I can send your colleagues information about the program.

Thanks for keeping me updated on your activities.  NC

Nancy Cooper, Coordinator
Health Policy Fellowship
307 Grosvenor Hall
Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine
Athens, OH  45701
740 593-2017 phone
740 593-1730 fax
coopern at ohio.edu<mailto:coopern at ohio.edu>