[GIS] Intro Meeting Wednesday

Gamma Iota Sigma gammaiotasigma_alphanu at listserv.ohio.edu
Tue Jan 22 23:20:18 EST 2013

Hey everyone,

We will be having a very brief meeting this Wednesday, January 23rd, at 6pm in Copeland 112.  It will be an intro for this semester, so please bring anyone interested in Gamma Iota Sigma.  We will be talking about some of our upcoming speakers for the semester, along with taking requests for topics.  We will also be giving a broad overview of the Market Simulation Game we will be playing later this semester.

The Market Simulation Game will give you real life experience in building actuarial models for use in the insurance industry.  It will emulate a new insurance market, where each player will have their own "company".  Each company will bid on various policies, which will then accumulate claims that develop over time.  Come out Wednesday to learn more about this exciting simulation game, which is sure to develop business knowledge and some extreme Excel skills.

See you Wednesday,

Will Johnson
President
Gamma Iota Sigma - Alpha Nu Chapter