[GIS] Meeting Wednesday

Gamma Iota Sigma gammaiotasigma_alphanu at listserv.ohio.edu
Mon Feb 4 21:28:24 EST 2013

Hey everyone,

We are starting our Market Simulation Game this week!  The introduction meeting will be this Wednesday, Feb 6 at 6pm in Copeland 118 (different room from last meeting).  A broad overview of the game will be presented, along with instructions and the rules.  Dust off your Excel skills and be there for the beginning of a very exciting game.  Pizza and soda will be there (!!).  Bring your friends. The game is open to all students, not just GIS members.

In other news, several scholarships are available from the finance department (actuarial majors eligible also) for Gamma Iota Sigma members.  To apply, please submit the necessary information to payned at ohio.edu and fodora at ohio.edu.  All that is required is a copy of your DARS and about a 100 word statement about your career plans, prior work/internship experience, your hometown (a few are area specific scholarships), and your expected graduation date.

Kurt Miller from Westfield Insurance, who spoke last semester, is looking for applicants for the actuarial internship available with Westfield this coming summer.  You can search the website by searching for "intern" in Ohio and using the keyword "Actuarial".  Search for it here: http://www.westfieldinsurance.com/careers/pg.jsp?page=work_westfield

See you on Wednesday,

Will Johnson
President
Gamma Iota Sigma - Alpha Nu Chapter