[GIS] End of Semester Social

Gamma Iota Sigma gammaiotasigma_alphanu at listserv.ohio.edu
Thu Dec 6 00:41:04 EST 2012

Hey everyone,

Tomorrow (Thursday, Dec 7), we will be having our last event of the
semester, a social at Chelsea Langlois's house at 18 Walker Street on the
west side of town.  There will be pizza and drinks, so come and chill out
before finals with Gamma.  It will start at 8pm.  Let me know at
wj335709 at ohio.edu if you want a ride.  I will most likely be driving from
Copeland, but it is certainly also walkable.  First come first serve.

Hope to see everyone tomorrow,

Will Johnson

President
Gamma Iota Sigma - Alpha Nu Chapter

Also, please see this note from 2012 grad, Eric Henry.  His firm is looking
to fill some positions:

Hey Gamma,

I thought everyone might want to know about this opportunity.

This is applicable to any Mathematic, Business, Finance, or MIS majors. I
work for  Information Control Corporation, a company located just out of
Columbus. Which is currently expanding looking to hire 6 to 18 new employees
by January. We are also looking for students that are graduating in the
Spring. I studied my undergrad at OU and was the Vice President last year of
Gamma. Only having some luck with actuarial jobs. I started looking into
other job positions and stumbled upon ICC. It's a really great company,
atmosphere, and a great place to start out in the professional world.

ICC  provides all upcoming juniors with a class like atmosphere for at least
a month to 2 months. Giving one an introduction into the IT world and some
of the possible tools  (SPSS, Microstrategy, Datastage, Informatica, Cognos
And many others) that one would be working with. ( I honestly knew little to
nothing about the industry when I started.) The only thing required would be
to pass a test on SQL. This isn't incredible hard with about a solid 2 weeks
of studying you can learn everything you need to know for the test.  Also
training materials are provided by the recruiter.

I've provided below a link to the company's website below. I also am more
than happy to answer  any questions related to this.  If interested please
send me your email and I will forward it along to my recruiter.  For anyone
that is interested it might also be interesting to Look up information on
IBM's new advanced analytics center (ICC is partners so this is a big deal
for ICC and its future growth).

http://www.iccohio.com/about-icc/

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/11/29/5018529/ibm-opens-advanced-analytics-center
.html

Thanks,

cid:image001.png at 01CDD237.05578B30

 <http://www.iccohio.com/> Description: Description: Macintosh
HD:Users:dorothyhogan:Current projects:ICC:TEMPLATES:email
signature:ICC_logo.png

Eric Henry

IT Consultant

ehenry at iccohio.com