[Emeritiassoc] September Luncheon

Tuck, Martin tuck at ohio.edu
Sun Sep 3 20:12:01 EDT 2023

Hello OU Emeriti,

I hope you all have had a relaxing and enjoyable summer. I want to express my thanks to the 23 Emeriti who volunteered to help with the Dairy Barn Quilt National exhibit this summer.  The exhibit received a large number of visitors and our help was very much appreciated. Many thanks.

Our "kick off" September luncheon will be on September 14th at the Athens Country Club beginning at 11:30am (buffet), program starting at around 12:10pm.

The 43rd President of Ohio University, Dr. Lori Stewart Gonzalas will present the program.

The attendance at the luncheon is filling very fast and we are all almost at the capacity of the Country Club, we have 53 reservations thus far and only have around five to eight spots left. If you plan to attend the lunch and have not RSPVed to our Secretory Tom Franz (franz at ohio) please do so within the next 24 hours. We will close the reservations at 58-60 people, the capacity of the club dining room.

Looking forward to seeing you on the 14th.

Marty
VP Ohio University Emeriti Association

Martin T. Tuck, Ph.D.

Associate Professor and Dean Emeritus

Ohio University

tuck at ohio.edu

"If I were giving a young man advice as to how he might succeed in life, I would say to him, pick out a good father and mother, and begin life in Ohio.

                                                                         ~Wilbur Wright