[Emeritiassoc] Emeriti Volunteering at the Dairy Barn

Tuck, Martin tuck at ohio.edu
Wed Apr 5 17:30:27 EDT 2023

Dear Emeriti Colleagues,
My name is Marty Tuck and I am the Volunteer Coordinator for the Emeriti Association.
The Dairy Barn Arts Center in Athens is hosting the Quilt National Exhibit again this summer and they have reached out to see if the Emeriti Association could provide volunteers to help staff the exhibit reception desk. The exhibit will run from May 26th (Memorial Day) to September 11th. The Dairy Barn has asked if we could provide volunteers for Tuesday and Wednesday afternoons while the exhibit is showing. Quilt National is the most popular exhibit hosted by the Dairy Barn and I’m sure our help as volunteers would be much appreciated.
I am writing to see if you would be willing to volunteer to help staff the reception desk during the exhibit. They would need us (Emeriti) for two afternoon shifts each Tuesday and Wednesday, from 12:30pm-2:30pm and 2:30pm to 5:00pm.
If you are willing to volunteer to help the Dairy Barn with the exhibit, please let me know by sending me an email at tuck at ohio.edu
If you have a preference as to the day you would prefer to volunteer or shift (early or late afternoon) please let me know in the email. Once I receive the list of volunteers, I will create a schedule and I am hoping to get enough volunteers where each volunteer would only be needed for 2 maybe 3 shifts during the summer.
I would greatly appreciate your help as a volunteer. As I am sure you agree, the activities of the Dairy Barn are very important and valuable to the arts culture of the Athens Community. Thank you for your consideration.
Marty

Martin T. Tuck, Ph.D.

Associate Professor and Dean Emeritus

Ohio University

tuck at ohio.edu

"If I were giving a young man advice as to how he might succeed in life, I would say to him, pick out a good father and mother, and begin life in Ohio.

                                                                         ~Wilbur Wright