[Emeritiassoc] [External] June 29th Emeriti Reception cancelled

Richard Post postrr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 15:05:59 EDT 2022

Use caution with links and attachments.
Forwarding at the request of Rosemary Rossiter, Emeriti President.
The Emeriti Board has voted to cancel the proposed summer Emeriti reception that was originally scheduled in conjunction with the June 29th Concert Under the Elms.

Rationale:
"There is major road construction taking place on the street between College Green (Music under the Elms) and Schoonover Center.  The only way to get to Schoonover from the Green is to walk across the Green to Court Street, cross toward Whit’s Ice Cream, and then come down the street to Schoonover.  Also parking near the Green will be a problem as there are many barricades.  It doesn’t look as if the construction will be finished before June 29, when we had planned for our reception."