[Emeritiassoc] Emeriti explanation

Edward Baum baum at ohio.edu
Fri Sep 23 10:35:09 EDT 2016

Hello fellow emeriti,

Some of you may have wondered why you received a print copy of the
newsletter earlier this week rather than before our luncheon as usual.

Robert Burns summed it up nicely:
       The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
       Gang aft agley, [/often go awry/]

Our plans to have the Emeriti Newsletter to you early in September (the
print copy, that is, you received the e-mail version about three weeks
ago) got lost in O.U.'s bureaucracy.

Similarly our annual letter to you, which was written early in August,
still has not arrived... for similar reasons. When (and assuming that it
will) reach you please complete the info card in it and return it in the
envelop provided (again, assuming that there is an envelop which was
part of the plan).

Thank you.

Ed