[Emeritiassoc] Mentoring opportunity

Edward Baum baum at ohio.edu
Mon Jul 6 19:52:59 EDT 2015

Hello,

For those of you I haven’t met yet, my name is Casey Arnold, and I am
the Emeriti Association’s university liaison. I work at the Ohio
University Alumni Association, and a professor recently reached out to
my office to ask if we could help find participants for the program
described below. I encourage anyone who is eligible and available to
consider participating, and if you have any questions, please don’t
hesitate to reach out to me (arnoldc2 at ohio.edu
<mailto:arnoldc2 at ohio.edu> or (740)593-0398) or to Dr. Brown directly.

Best,
Casey

MENTORING OPPORTUNITY FOR ATHENS SENIORS

Hello- I am seeking persons age 60+ who are willing to be paired with a
student as part of the service requirements for a gerontology course
this fall at Ohio University.  The goal of this program is for students
to have a better understanding of the aging experience among older
persons within the Athens community.

Senior/student pairs are encouraged to enjoy self-selected activities
together (about 2 to 3 hours per week), such as meeting up for lunch,
going to the Farmer's Market, sharing stories, etc.  This program will
begin in late August and conclude at the beginning of December 2015.  To
learn more, please feel free to contact me via email or phone if
interested in mentoring a student.  Thank you!

Dr. Julie Brown

brownj14 at ohio.edu

740-597-2665

/*If calling, please note: I will be out of the office until the last
week of July.  However, please leave a message, as I will be checking
voicemail remotely and will return all calls as soon as possible. /