[Emeritiassoc] Emeriti lunch no-shows

Edward Baum baum at ohio.edu
Thu Nov 27 07:51:13 EST 2014

Dear Fellow Emeriti,

Each month Ruth Nostrant must give to the O.U. Inn a minimum number of
how many emeriti will be at our monthly lunch. This is based on a
percentage of the “always” list and those who have let her know they
were coming.

In November a significantly large number of emeriti who had indicated
they would be at the lunch never showed up. We still had to pay the O.U.
Inn for the minimum number which Ruth had given them.

If you were on Ruth’s list but did not let her know you were not coming
please expect to receive an e-mail from me next week asking you to pay.

Please remember: if you have told Ruth that you would be at the lunch,
either as part of the “always” list or letting her know separately, but
find that you cannot come, you must let Ruth (nostrant at ohio.edu) know no
later than the Monday of the lunch week. (We have enough flexibility
with the O.U. Inn to cover the lunch if an emergency happens to you on
Tuesday, Wednesday, or even Thursday morning which prevents your
attendance.)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Ed
acting in his role as treasurer of the O.U. Emeriti Association and
guardian of our monies.