[Emeritiassoc] Carlson Memorial Service Nov. 15

Evarts, Drusilla evarts at ohio.edu
Mon Nov 10 01:43:32 EST 2014

Emeriti,

You already know that the Chuck Carlson memorial service is Saturday, Nov. 15, from 2  to 4 p.m., at the Athens Country Club. (It was announced in the November Newsletter.)  Here is the official and very fetching invitation prepared by his daughter Beth. If you had wanted to contribute to a memorial for Chuck but had not done it yet, you may make the check for The Ohio U. Emeriti Association, with "Carlson Memorial" in the memo line, and send it to Ed Baum, 20 Sunnyside, Athens;  he will process those gifts. Chuck specified money for the park in his will, and his family is adding to that also. We hope to make a formal announcement about this at the service.

Beth is still interested in stories and photos. If you had wanted to send either and have not done so to her home in Omaha (see attached invitation) , you may send them to Beth Stillwell at 20 Frum Road, Athens. You also are welcome to tell a story during the service.

I hope we can overflow the Country Club to pay tribute to Chuck for his 23 years of Emeriti service, eight of which were as president, and his money-raising skill and other service for theEmeriti Park.

See the attached invitation.

Dru