[Emeritiassoc] Parking: reminder and changes

Weckman, George weckman at ohio.edu
Fri Jun 21 07:47:52 EDT 2013

Reminder:
    Parking hangtags are good for two years only.  Those years are clearly displayed on the tag.  Emeriti who were named before 2012 can renew those tags without charge when they expire.

Changes as of 7/1/13:
1. All dark green and purple lots will be enforced from 7am to 5pm.  This only used to pertain to the faculty / staff dark green lots – it now includes the purple lots as well.
2. Baker Center Garage hourly rate increases from $0.75 to $1.00 per hour.
3. University meters hourly rate increases from $0.50 to $0.75 per hour.
4. Motorcycle parking on campus now requires a permit –  emeriti can use the same parking permit as they use in their cars – we are selling a special locking device for the permit that goes on the motorcycle for our cost of $25 (one time).
5. South Green Garage under Nelson is now a purple parking lot.

Note: major construction on campus.  Lots 81 and 82 (across from Clippinger) and the big lot 79 (in front on Nelson) are gone forever for the housing development project.  Wolfe street will also be closing soon (forever).  New parking lots are being constructed behind south green (across from New Life Church).  Compass is continually doing updates on closures.