[Emeritiassoc] Day trip to Historic Parkersburg

Edward Baum baum at ohio.edu
Wed Nov 7 19:09:22 EST 2012

Hi fellow emeriti,

The following may be of interest to you.

Ed

* Friends of the Kennedy Museum of Art *

"Out & About" Trip to *Julia-Ann Square Historic District, Parkersburg,*
WV Saturday, December 1, 2012

Please join the Friends of the KMA for the 13th Annual Victorian Homes
Tour & Tea. We'll have a guided tour of five historic homes that will be
all decked out for the holidays. Following the guided tour, we'll have
tea and then make a stop at Stahl's Christmas Shop and art gallery on
the return trip to Athens.

Julia-Ann Square Historic District was built by many prominent West
Virginians and was an important center in West Virginia early history.
The district is the largest and oldest historic district in West
Virginia. Julia-Ann Square is a community of approximately 126 homes
surrounded by the city of Parkersburg, and includes some of the finest
examples of Victorian architecture in the state. For more information,
visit http://juliannsquare.org/

The cost for the guided tour and tea is $15.00 per person. We'll travel
via car pool so if you're willing to be a driver, please us know. We'll
plan to leave Athens at 11:45 a.m. and return by 5 p.m.

To sign up or for questions, please call or email Terry Murphy,
740-594-4728/ (terrymurphy at columbus.rr.com) or Ellen Popenoe at
740-593-7972/ epopenoe at hotmail.com.