[Eecs_phd] FW: Tenure-Track CS Position at the University of Mount Union

Jadwisienczak, Wojciech jadwisie at ohio.edu
Mon Nov 29 15:51:16 EST 2021

Please see below...
Best
Dr.J

-----Original Message-----
From: Cindric, Blase <CINDRICBB at mountunion.edu>
Sent: Sunday, November 28, 2021 7:50 PM
To: Jadwisienczak, Wojciech <jadwisie at ohio.edu>
Subject: Tenure-Track CS Position at the University of Mount Union

Dear Dr. Jadwisienczak,

     We are conducting a search for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Computer Science at the University of Mount Union, a small, private, teaching-focused University located in Alliance OH, which is in the Northeastern part of the state, approximately 15 miles east of Canton OH, and one hour south of Cleveland.  I would appreciate it if you would share our position announcement that I've included at the bottom of this message with your graduate students and any non-continuing faculty members you may have in your department.

    Review of applications will begin December 15, 2021, and we hope to complete the hiring process by March 1, 2022.  Thank you very much for your consideration of my request to share this position announcement with people in your department.

~~ Blase

Blase B. Cindric, Associate Professor of Computer Science Department of Mathematics and Computer Science University of Mount Union
1972 Clark Avenue
Alliance, OH   44601   USA

(330) 829 - 6649

cindricbb at mountunion.edu

The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Mount Union invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in Computer Science, to begin August 1, 2022.  The successful candidate will be expected to teach specific courses in the computer science curriculum, including, but not limited to:  Computer Networks, Operating Systems, Database Theory/Implementation, and Intermediate Programming, along with other courses of interest such as Artificial Intelligence and Mobile Device Programming.

First and foremost, a successful candidate for this position must be passionate about undergraduate computer science education.  Excellence in teaching is an absolute requirement for the position; additional expectations of the candidate include professional development and scholarly activity, and service to the Department, the University, and the greater community.

A Ph.D. in Computer Science or a closely-related discipline is required.  ABD may be considered.  A preference will be given to individuals with previous online teaching experience.  We look forward to learning how the applicant's experience in, or future plans for, teaching, scholarship and service would support Mount Union's commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and access.

Candidates should provide a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, statement of teaching philosophy and contact information for three professional references to the Computer Science Assistant Professor Search Committee.  Electronic applications are required and can be submitted online at http://www.mountunion.edu/employment.  Please direct any questions to the search committee chair, Prof. Blase Cindric, at cindricbb at mountunion.edu.  Review of applications will begin December 15, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled.