[Eecs_phd] endowed tenure-track faculty search

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Mon Nov 15 10:24:13 EST 2021

Greetings,

I am writing to request your assistance in recruiting candidates for a tenure track assistant professor position in Computer Engineering at Union College.  We hope that you might be aware of promising individuals who have recently received their doctorates or who are expecting to do so this year. Our goal is to reach every qualified candidate with a passion for excellence in teaching and research, and you can assist us either by letting us know the contact information of promising candidates so that we might reach out to them directly, or, if you prefer, by forwarding this email to them.

A link to our job ad is here:

https://jobs.union.edu/en-us/job/493010/assistant-professor-computer-engineering

but I want to provide you with some additional information about our college, our department, and the position.  Union is a liberal arts college with engineering in Schenectady, NY.  Faculty members here are focused on teaching undergraduates and on research; we are proud of an excellent track-record in both. Our department of Electrical, Computer and Biomedical Engineering, with 12 full-time faculty, has a welcoming and mutually-supportive environment for both teaching and research. This is an endowed position that benefits from an assigned annual allowance to support research and travel and is part of a broader initiative to further strengthen and integrate engineering and computer science with the liberal arts at Union. The College is  part of a metropolitan area of more than a million people with proximity to both New York City (3-hour drive and frequent Amtrak service) and Boston (3-hour drive), as well as outdoor recreation in the Adirondack Park.

Union is a historic college, having been founded in 1795 as the first non-denominational college in the U.S. Our mission is to provide a rigorous, holistic, and immersive residential liberal education that emphasizes integration, innovation, inclusion, and reflection for every student.

We welcome any assistance that you can give us, including suggestions for recruiting the broadest possible range of qualified candidates.

Sincerely yours,

Cherrice Traver

David Falk and Elynor Rudnick-Falk Professor of Computer Engineering

traverc at union.edu<mailto:traverc at union.edu>