[Eecs_phd] FW: EECS Annual Retreat Questions for Graduate Students

Cribben, Denise cribben at ohio.edu
Fri Sep 20 12:08:06 EDT 2019

**The following email is being forwarded to you at the request of a fellow PhD-EE graduate student, Ms. Akanksha Rohit. Please read her message and forward your replies directly to her at: ar045914 at ohio.edu<mailto:ar045914 at ohio.edu>. Thank you.**

My name is Akanksha Rohit. I am in my third year as a PH.D student in EECS. I will be attending the EECS Annual Retreat and representing EECS Ph.D students and their experiences in a few weeks. I would like to know as a graduate student all the concerns that you have so that we could correct it and make our experience better.

I have some questions to ask you:

  1.  What is your specific program, year, and background?
  2.  Tell me your experience as Ph. Student so far in EECS? Any specific problems? Something that you think lacks in your PH.D experience?
  3.  Tell me about your experience choosing classes.
  4.  Any problem with choosing your advisor? Or a committee member?
  5.  Any problem with TA/GA funding?
  6.  Tell me about your experience with research, working towards a project, thesis, or dissertation.
  7.  In addition to your answers above, what positive experiences have you had as a graduate student in the EECS department?
  8.  How can the EECS department improve its Ph.D/graduate program?
All the responses will be anonymous and your names will not be shared. Finally, if you are more comfortable to talk to me rather than reply to an email, please do not hesitate to contact me and we can discuss.

If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at ar045914 at ohio.edu<mailto:ar045914 at ohio.edu>. I look forward to reading your responses.

Best,

Akanksha Rohit