[Eecs_phd] ACM Recursion Presentation-Wednesday October 17

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Mon Oct 15 14:24:48 EDT 2018

Recursion, the definition of a thing in terms of itself, is fundamental to computer science. Not only do many problems in the field have elegant recursive solutions, but, as it turns out, recursion is essential to the formal definition of computation.

In Wednesday's (10/17) ACM talk, we'll take a closer look at recursion. In particular, we'll discuss how recursive definitions make sense mathematically, how to use recursive reasoning when approaching problems, and the role of recursion in computation.

Our meetings are at 7:30pm in ARC 315, and we are still holding study sessions on Thursdays 6-8, also in ARC 315.

I hope to see you there!

Nathan Steadman

ACM President