[Eecs_phd] ACM Meeting Tonight

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Wed Mar 28 09:28:46 EDT 2018

Hi everyone!

Tonight (3/2) in ARC 106 at 7 pm, ACM will be hosting Dr.Jundong Liu, who will be giving a talk on the current research involving applying deep neural networks to medical image analysis. Although having a background in machine learning or deep learning will be helpful for the talk, it is not required. There will also be pizza!

Here's the full abstract:

In this talk, I will go through some of the deep neural networks (DNN) related research in the Medical Image Analysis Lab at Ohio University. Our efforts started with the utilization of autoencoder to fuse multimodal neuroimage features for Alzheimer's Disease (AD) diagnosis. In the past two years, we have focused on exploring different strategies to improve brain structure and lesions segmentations from MR images. Built on fully convolutional networks (FCN), our solutions employ multi-view ensemble, FCN + RNN, and multi-size networks to achieve segmentation results with enhanced accuracy and consistency. Some ongoing developments in our lab, including the utilization of advanced DNN models, such as GAN, Capsule Net, for optical flow estimation, MRI modality conversion, speech enhancement, street scene analysis, will also be briefly introduced.

I hope to see you there!

Colton Smith
937-876-9044
Ohio University (Class of 2018)
Computer Science and Applied Mathematics Dual Major
President, Ohio University ACM