[Eecs_phd] ML Tech Talk - Today - Big Data Club

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Thu Mar 22 12:35:01 EDT 2018

Topics: Adversarial Attack - Machine Learning
Title: Spies and Spies Alone
Abstract: In recent years, deep learning neural network models are increasingly
being deployed in safety and mission critical systems. However, such
models are known to be susceptible to "adversarial examples" -- data
examples that have been modified with tiny perturbations, often
imperceptible to humans -- which reliably fool a network into, e.g.,
predicting the wrong classification label. In this talk we cover a
brief history of research in this area from the discovery of
adversarial examples in 2013 to the present day. We also present and
analyze the performance of a simple ensemble learning method for
detecting adversarial examples.
Presenter: Alexander Bagnall, CS Graduate Student