[Eecs_phd] FW: RA position for graduate students interested in drones

Cribben, Denise cribben at ohio.edu
Wed Jun 27 15:19:57 EDT 2018

*This email is being forwarded to you at the request of Dr. David W. Juedes, Chair, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. Please contact Dr. Jay Wilhelm from Mechanical Engineering if interested (contact information is listed below message).

Dr. Jay Wilhelm in Mechanical Engineering is looking to fund (RA) students in EECS who have an interest in drone research.
In particular, he has a few projects and potential student funding to explore various aspects of indoor/outdoor quadcopter guidance and control system development. The work is mainly programming (either in Python or C for deployment to embedded microcontrollers) that involves flight simulation and experimental flights. He has a Vicon motion capture system for precision localization indoors and many quad copters that he has been using to prototype guidance systems.    Please contact:

Jay Wilhelm, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Mechanical Engineering
Ohio University
Athens, OH 45701
wilhelj1 at ohio.edu<mailto:wilhelj1 at ohio.edu>
(o) 740-593-1508
http://tinyurl.com/jpwcal

---Best Regards,
---David W. Juedes, Chair, School of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science