[Eecs_phd] Ariel co-op needs - CHE and EE students

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Wed Feb 14 13:47:15 EST 2018

Note:  Ariel Corporation will be at the Russ College Career Fair tomorrow.  They are in need of Chemical Engineering and Electrical Engineering co-op students (see the descriptions below).  At the time Ariel completed their career fair registration, they did not select CHE or EE as majors they were seeking.  Please know that Ariel does in fact want to speak with both CHE and EE students at the career fair tomorrow.

If you can think of any students that may fit these descriptions, please send them our way tomorrow. Thanks so much!!

1)      I would suggest a polymer chemist or polymer engineering student that will assist with the items below.

  1.  Polymer material characterization and inspection of various types of polymer based materials based on
     *   PTFE (Teflon),
     *   PEEK,
     *   Polyamide (Nylon),
     *   Polyphenylene sulfide (PPS),
  2.  Spectral analysis of materials using methods such as
     *   Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR),
     *   X ray diffraction (XRD),
     *   Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) with energy dispersive X ray spectroscopy (EDS).
  3.  Thermal analysis of materials
     *   Thermomechanical analysis (TMA)
     *   Dynamic mechanical analysis (DMA)
     *   Thermogravimetric analysis (TGA)
     *   Differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)
  4.  Mechanical analysis of materials
     *   Tensile strength
     *   Elongation
     *   Hardness
     *   Density

2)      Additionally, we have a need for an electrical engineering student who has an interest in high voltage electrical distribution design instead of our typical electrical engineering student whose interest is in programming and electronics.

Thank you,
Calyn Posey

Calyn Posey
Human Resources