[Eecs_phd] Special limited invitation: Student MtM meetup in Columbus Oct 24th

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Fri Sep 29 09:50:09 EDT 2017

You're invited to a private, limited attendance meetup at Barley's Brewing Company
IBM is holding an exclusive client event and they've offered a limited number of seats for students and faculty on a first come first serve basis.

We'll have a private meetup just for students from 2 to 3:30pm to learn about the servers that large scale enterprises use to run their businesses.
Bring your laptop because we'll be going through the opening challenges of Master the Mainframe contest so you can get hands-on experience.

At 3:30, we're invited to join the main event to learn about the latest advancements in IBM Z technology.
>From 5 to 6pm, you'll have a chance to network with top executives from the area.
It's better than a career fair, you'll be making personal connects with key people at the best companies in Dallas.

When: Tuesday, Oct 24th from 2 to 6 pm
Where: Barley's Brewing Company

If you're interested in attending, register at www.ibm.com/events/Z2017<file:///C:/Users/IBM_ADMIN/AppData/Local/Temp/notes32C5CD/www.ibm.com/events/Z2017> immediately to reserve your seat.

Prior to attending, please:

  *   Register for our contest that we will be working on during lunch at masterthemainframe.com
  *   Install the pre-req software on your laptops (you'll need to bring a laptop with you) following the instructions at http://mtm2017.mybluemix.net/connectivity_guide/connectivity_guide_software.html
  *   You are allowed, and encouraged, to start the contest prior to the event. We'll have staff available to help you through any questions, so it's wise to leverage that help for the harder parts of the contest.

Thanks,
Misty
__________________________
Misty V. Decker, PMP
Program Manager, IBM Z Academic Initiative
Poughkeepsie, NY
(845) 435-3082

learn more: ibm.biz/zskills
join us: ibm.biz/zadvocate