[Eecs_phd] Special limited invitation: Student MtM meetup in Columbus Oct 24th

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Mon Oct 16 15:24:21 EDT 2017

We still have room for more students to attend this special event at Barley's Brewing Company on October 24th.

Why should students attend?

  *   Learn about the latest technologies such as Pervasive Encryption<https://www.wired.com/story/ibm-z-mainframe-encryption/> and Machine Learning<https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/02/16/ibm_machine_learning_watson_mainframe/>.
  *   Meet top technical and executive representatives from companies such as JP Morgan Chase, Nationwide, Fiserv, Morgan Stanley and Huntington Bank.
  *   Demonstrate their ability to quickly learn new technologies by participating in Master the Mainframe<https://masterthemainframe.com/> right in front of potential employers.

If you or your students are interested in attending, please register at www.ibm.com/events/Z2017<file:///C:/Users/IBM_ADMIN/AppData/Local/Temp/notes32C5CD/www.ibm.com/events/Z2017> immediately to reserve your seat. Space is limited and seats are on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Prior to attending, students also need to:

  *   Register for Master the Mainframe at masterthemainframe.com
  *   Install the pre-req software on their laptops (you'll need to bring a laptop with you) following the instructions at http://mtm2017.mybluemix.net/connectivity_guide/connectivity_guide_software.html
  *   They are allowed, and encouraged, to start the contest prior to the event. We'll have staff available to help you through any questions, so it's wise to leverage that help for the harder parts of the contest.

Thanks,
Misty
__________________________
Misty V. Decker, PMP
Program Manager, IBM Z Academic Initiative
Poughkeepsie, NY
(845) 435-3082

learn more: ibm.biz/zskills
join us: ibm.biz/zadvocate
compete: ibm.biz/masterthemainframe

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D34658.967458B0]

http://unchaintheframe.com/

[cid:2__=0ABB0B2ADFC0F89A8f9e8a93df938690918c0AB@]
https://developer.ibm.com/linuxone/

[Inactive hide details for Misty Decker---09/26/2017 10:35:19 PM---We have a special event for clients in the Columbus area to l]Misty Decker---09/26/2017 10:35:19 PM---We have a special event for clients in the Columbus area to learn about the new z14, including the g