[Eecs_phd] School is out, but Google is still in…Code Jam Kickstart

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Thu Jun 1 15:02:18 EDT 2017

[https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/q1M8ISv4UFP_92vrPprGdPG-3U_KKr_80ETUIuwaZx5UPS0HT8izZWowc-sOUBY1UFyCu5q4advl1_4IK5CFMA4tHmMwzmvPuBdgyFbcdCHxhwJLNe0zUo6WFWNdIcYHStsBnXWp]

Hi there,

School is out… but Google is still in! Stay connected with us this summer as you relax, recharge, and develop new skills. In this note you’ll find three opportunities we hope you’ll take advantage of:

•         Our NEW Kickstart competition: Code Jam’s online coding challenges specifically for students interested in technical careers at Google.

•         #StudentServe: How we’re celebrating social impact and all the ways students across the world are giving back in their local communities.

•         The Actions Challenge: Develop an app for the Google Assistant to win a trip to I/O 2018 and more than 20 other prizes.

Read on to learn more. Hope to see you at our upcoming YouTube Live events (Save the Date: June 5 & June 7) and on social media.

Happy summer,

Cat on behalf of University Programs Expansion

Introducing… Code Jam’s Kickstart competition

Interested in developing your coding skills and pursuing career opportunities with Google? Join Code Jam’s (NEW) Kickstart online coding challenges designed specifically for students. It’s a great opportunity to develop your skills, get acquainted with the Code Jam competition arena (hello, Code Jam 2018), and potentially get noticed by Google recruiters, too.

[kickstartsm]

Get involved today:

•         Visit our website to register<http://g.co/codejamkickstart> and learn more about Kickstart

•         Participate in one -- or all -- of these rounds:

o    [Practice] Sunday, June 11

o    Sunday, June 25

o    Sunday, September 24

•         Attend the YouTube Live event on June 7 @ 1:00 PM PT to see Google engineers walk through some of the algorithmic puzzles you’ll be aiming to solve. RSVP here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScSOHe24KEcZGoePps_v5k5Ibbrml-qZRJ_XqEwIomqFJNSJg/viewform?usp=sf_link#start=openform> if you’d like to join.

Reach out to codejamkickstart at google.com<mailto:codejamkickstart at google.com> with any questions.

#StudentServe: How are you giving back this summer?

In June, Googlers will join together to give back in their local communities as part of our 10th annual “GoogleServe.” We know many of you will be doing service in your communities, too—and we’re excited to celebrate the impact you’re making. Share your stories of service in #StudentServe:

1.      Spend time volunteering and take photos (selfies? why not ;))

2.      Share them by tagging @googlestudents
using #StudentServe (don’t forget to include your location and how you gave back)

3.      Join our YouTube Live event<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qmxy4vSQOQ> on Monday,
June 5 @ 11:00 - 11:30 a.m. PT to learn more about giving at Google and tips for volunteer management and charitable giving from Diane Sollinger, Director of Google Engagement at Google.org

[Google_StudentServe.jpg]

Remember to join the YouTube Live event on June 5 @ 11:00  a.m. PT<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qmxy4vSQOQ>, follow the hashtag #StudentServe, and stay connected with @googlestudents across Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/googlestudents/>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/googlestudents>, YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/googlestudents>, Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/GoogleStudents/>, G+<https://plus.google.com/+GoogleStudents/posts?e=-RedirectToSandbox> and our Blog<https://students.googleblog.com/>. Learn more here<https://www.facebook.com/events/1870699726478282/>.

The challenge is on…

Turn inspiration into action by building apps for the Google Assistant on Google Home, select Android devices, and the iPhone. Enter to win more than 20 prizes including a trip to Google I/O 2018. Your app must be approved by August 31 to be eligible, so start building! Entry info and contest guidelines are at g.co/actionschallenge<http://g.co/actionschallenge>.

[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/m13CTlOsKyRIiKrwnX06GjbiNGY8BiS3PW1K5Dhj6ZP8FsyEfVqeg3ksq9jhG4cJ3FzkVJfjvbdlkBL9lX_ps2dDojGQDYvSnlE9-mBlPK8P3_nqwBdlGIl-FO5F0SE7AbZ7cwQU]

© 2017 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Visit google.com/students<http://google.com/students> for all career opportunities and student programs.

[https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-xioJpQWd_oRBRzPUOIj6bbdnckeNNNWJhpEUYEQHompECHmKzEhUFvpcE5Pp_l25qcB85ZXtQQZNZjlDL82xvqe2T8BXwP91RGQMm6Lofya8yladFxCHKwFrjPcJmYeNikVOUhL]<https://www.instagram.com/googlestudents/>[https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/KR7-8C8v3aKnExWTmS1sYDiNrS5X2TVC4Yu6rVO0eNKDkJT3k8aVogmrq_UlnD7QqWnDnqfDZJUaU-NtN0rxPlDbYgOGYI4VtVBYs3DToNP9wD73qQoDg5lnCHz_Fe-C0qGJeU3n]<http://www.youtube.com/googlestudents>[https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/CPt3XXmfX2O3L4ajUUDuTa-Dx-ZEqbXaGYesKySrN84WuT7dFYN_xkZqxWXRfs0Rb-sJTof6pjF1ZhUHtj83fRwcYcZXIhs_uWnNGVKTurojrbpjHoPO2l-HzB54J7gMXDskf8if]<https://students.googleblog.com/>[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/v2EUMjnQ2yVPBiu9ncZKx-vc5ptkFNe5Jck9JNOXWZ112Q61kusvxXgHFK6gvibzrzyccj12CipA3ce8JlBSlzvwMMsgsk28j6mdhgvxDWPOeD6CQ0uLPQp1fpw17fIvYymbCO_l]<https://twitter.com/googlestudents>[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/yfm7bxeBDZMApB7twbTlzkFiJW4sHzfWn0WE9TtcSQoMyKU6VIH3Ujv6YrblKRgj7zhqAd3RQpO1Sbok4QpZhC53itI5JKPb7tZOE957_vZrUNaeFfMrvfq62qO0abhN_m-iqz06]<https://plus.google.com/+GoogleStudents/posts?e=-RedirectToSandbox>[https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/FomF9h6ATjCsH1TOJFxg2oSYTu7hiI3PeNm_FePCm_hHwsQeRGlbl3A3zNmWw5k7tuqDLCsI1Fl-u1_Iv8ZkIwWFlRbhUUK-mNUk9_JSXGMTd7pj-p5apsD1mt8OsomMPGa45fig]<http://facebook.com/googlestudents>