[Eecs_phd] Wind Energy Opportunities in Peru for Ohio University students!

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Mon Dec 4 10:04:56 EST 2017

WindAid has had a phenomenal 2017 so far with 86 volunteers from 22 countries installing and maintaining over a dozen wind turbines in northern Peru. Many of those volunteers came after directly receiving one of these emails, and have helped us to enhance the volunteer experience and increase the impact of their fantastic work:

R&D Involvement - We have involved volunteers on all of our standard 4-week turbine construction & installation programs to get involved with design projects such as remote monitors, blade improvements, and tower redesigns.

Community Engagement - Our volunteers have also been able to connect to the communities we work with like never before. They do presentations to schools, families, and universities, analyze the impact of turbines, and assist in servicing and outreach.

Building Skills for the Future - We want to have every volunteer learn as much as they can from their time in Peru with WindAid and have a full and rounded experience. Our volunteers have gone on to work in major corporations, get invited to do graduate studies at prestigious universities, and create connections from around the world in the sustainability sector.
[DateSky]<http://windaid.org/light-up-a-life/>

The 2018 projects are now open for applicants<http://windaidinstitute.org/application-form/>, with the early months already filling up! We have much more information available on our website, and we are always available to answer any questions for anyone interested in learning more about the volunteering opportunities.

Please share this email and flyer with anyone you think who may be interested in joining us lighting up lives in Peru. Thank you very much for your continued support!

Sincerely,

-Beth Brown
Chair of Fundraising & Communications
[WindAidBanner]<http://windaid.org/>[facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/WindAid-135946827512/>[twitter]<https://twitter.com/WindAid>[instagram]<https://www.instagram.com/windaidinstitute/>

We hand picked you to receive this email as a representative of the scholars at Ohio University who we feel could benefit from our programs. If you do not wish to receive any more emails, please email us at Volunteer at WindAid.org<mailto:Volunteer at WindAid.org>.