[Eecs_phd] You’re invited! “Applying to Google” YouTube live stream series 2016

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Fri Sep 2 08:35:19 EDT 2016

Hello Ohio University students!

Ever wonder what Google looks for on a resume or in a technical interview? How about which technical positions and internships are available to students? Or maybe you simply want to know what the deal is with the free food? Well, look no further: we are here to answer your questions with a YouTube live stream series happening this fall -- and you’re invited!

Each week you will have two opportunities to tune into a live event with Googlers (engineers, technical recruiters, former interns, and more). We will cover everything from how to make a technical resume stand out to what a day in the life of a Google engineer really looks like. Each event will have a live Q&A element so you can ask any questions they may have.

What's YouTube Live?

YouTube Live is an interactive platform that we are excited to share with YOU. It's just like watching a YouTube video, except it is being broadcast LIVE and you can chat in and ask questions of the presenters in real time. This also means you have to tune in live at the time of the event to participate. We sincerely hope to see you all there... there may be a few surprises!

Sounds cool! How do I tune in?

1.     FILL OUT THIS RSVP FORM<https://goo.gl/forms/s1HM1S7LLCeqQGCG2> and let us know when we can expect to see you.

2.        Simply click on the appropriate link below the day of the event(s) you’d like to join. We know you all have busy schedules so we've provided you with 2 different times you can tune in each week. **Note: Please do not share these links outside of the Ohio University community! These events are invitation-only in order to maintain a personalized and intimate forum for discussion.**

·         Applying to Google: The Truth About Being a Google Engineer

o    Tuesday, September 13th @ 12PM PST/ 1PM MST/ 2PM CST/ 3PM EST<http://goo.gl/XKpc9A>

o    Wednesday, September 14th @ 3PM PST/ 4PM MST/ 5PM CST/ 6PM EST<http://goo.gl/1dD9DE>

·         Applying to Google: Internship Opportunities and Application Insights

o    Tuesday, September 27th @ 12PM PST/ 1PM MST/ 2PM CST/ 3PM EST<http://goo.gl/JePGvx>

o    Wednesday, September 28th @ 3PM PST/ 4PM MST/ 5PM CST/ 6PM EST<http://goo.gl/4kAtaM>

·         Applying to Google: Technical Resumes Tips with Google Recruiters

o    Tuesday, October 11th @ 12PM PST/ 1PM MST/ 2PM CST/ 3PM EST<http://goo.gl/dC963V>

o    Wednesday, October 12th @ 3PM PST/ 4PM MST/ 5PM CST/ 6PM EST<http://goo.gl/VbajnJ>

·         Applying to Google: How to Ace the Technical Interview

o    Tuesday, October 25th @ 12PM PST/ 1PM MST/ 2PM CST/ 3PM EST<http://goo.gl/qZokIQ>

o    Wednesday, October 26th @ 3PM PST/ 4PM MST/ 5PM CST/ 6PM EST<http://goo.gl/v7lkHd>

·         Applying to Google: #WomeninTech, Creating an Inclusive Environment

o    Tuesday, November 8th @ 12PM PST/ 1PM MST/ 2PM CST/ 3PM EST<http://goo.gl/IOxZem>

o    Wednesday, November 9th @ 3PM PST/ 4PM MST/ 5PM CST/ 6PM EST<http://goo.gl/WDcFdZ>

Can’t wait to chat with you!

Thanks,