[Eecs_phd] New course on wireless networking and the Internet of Things

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Thu Jan 7 15:22:43 EST 2016

Sub: New course on wireless networking and the Internet of Things

Hi all,

I would like to bring to your attention a new EE 4900/5900 Spring16 course (open for registration right now) about wireless & mobile systems, as well as the Internet of Things This is my active area of research - you can find more about me here: http://www.ohio.edu/people/chenji/ .

This course will cover a smorgasbord of topics such as WiFi/Zigbee/Bluetooth, wireless channel & link models, medium access control protocols, routing protocols, HTTP2, TCP over wireless, wireless security etc. The final few weeks will focus on IoT related topics. A few research papers may be presented in class by the enrolled graduate students. I am considering a project in lieu of an exam.

Details:
* NO PREREQUISITES (even if the registration system says so)
* Counts as an elective
* MWF in ARC 146 from 10:45-11:40 AM
* Required textbook (free): http://disc.ece.illinois.edu/downloads/vaidya-wireless-classnotes.pdf
* Recommended textbooks:
            - Wireless Communications & Networks by William Stallings (2nd edition is sufficient, available for < $5 on abebooks)
            - Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach by James F. Kurose and Keith Ross

The syllabus is attached. Do email me if you have any questions.

--

Harsha Chenji, Assistant Professor
School of Electrical Engineering And Computer Science,

office: +1-740-593-1241
fax:    +1-740-593-0007
email:  chenji at ohio.edu<mailto:chenji at ohio.edu>
web:    http://www.ohio.edu/people/chenji/