[Eecs_phd] EE 4900/5900 Wireless Networking and the Internet of Things

Hunter, Tiffany huntert1 at ohio.edu
Mon Dec 7 15:43:31 EST 2015

Hi all,

I would like to announce a new EE 4900/5900 Spring16 course (open for registration right now) about wireless & mobile systems, as well as the Internet of Things (which, to be honest, is a marketing term for wireless and mobile systems). This is my active area of research - you can find more about me here: http://www.ohio.edu/people/chenji/ .

This course will cover a smorgasbord of topics such as WiFi/Zigbee/Bluetooth, wireless channel & link models, medium access control protocols, Routing protocols, HTTP2, TCP over wireless, networkg protocol design and security, free space optical communications etc. A few research papers may be presented in class by the enrolled graduate students. I am considering a project in lieu of an exam, with grad+undergrad team combinations.

Details:
* NO PREREQUISITES (even if the registration system says so)
* Counts as an elective
* MWF in ARC 146 from 10:45-11:40 AM (10:45a is not too early!)
* Required textbook (free): http://disc.ece.illinois.edu/downloads/vaidya-wireless-classnotes.pdf
* Recommended textbooks:
            - Wireless Communications & Networks by William Stallings (2nd edition is sufficient, available for < $5 on abebooks)
            - Computer Networking: A Top-Down Approach by James F. Kurose and Keith Ross
* One of the classes will have free pizza (during project or paper presentations).

Do email me if you have any questions or any ideas for topics you'd like to be covered.

--

Harsha Chenji, Assistant Professor
School of Electrical Engineering And Computer Science,

office: +1-740-593-1241
fax:    +1-740-593-0007
email:  chenji at ohio.edu<mailto:chenji at ohio.edu>
web:    http://www.ohio.edu/people/chenji/